To guarantee safety on board, OceanCollege has made various arrangements in addition to the ship’s safety standards. For the duration of the trip, a trained doctor will be on board to provide medical care. Each member of the ship’s crew, including the instructors, have a basic safety training covering:
- Survival at sea, self-preservation
- Proper use of the ship’s safety equipment
- Fighting and extinguishing fires
- Safety protocol in case of an accident or emergency
- How to minimize impact on the surrounding marine environment.
- Health and safety regulations
- Conflict management
- Security basics
- First Aid training
While on board, the students are insured by the ship’s operator. While on land, the insurance is provided by our company, the OceanCollege GmbH. In case of illness or accident, we recommend you to purchase an international travel insurance policy for the duration of the journey, as well.
We also strongly recommend that each student is vaccinated against the following diseases. When arranging vaccines, please ensure that an appropriate amount of time has passed before travel.
- Yellow Fever
- Hepatitis A and B