In order to allow as many students as possible to participate in Ocean College, we partner with sponsors and foundations who help support our project. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about financial aid, or becoming a sponsor.
The total tuition fee for the 6-month journey, from October 2018 to April 2019 is 22.999, – Euro.
Important: The tuition fees for the 2019/20 journey are not yet determined and might be higher
25% down payment at the time of contract signature.
The remaining 75% is to be paid in six equal monthly installments starting from 01.10.2018
The costs include:
- Stay on the sailboat
- Room and board throughout the entire trip
- Core curriculum lessons, taught by certified teachers
- Nautical training under the guidance of the qualified ships crew
- Travel expenses, accommodation, entrance fees, etc. during port stays
- Intensive Spanish course in Costa Rica, offered by Academia Tica
- All expeditions, admissions, and travel expenses on land
- Projects performed under the guidance of cooperative specialists, e.g. our trade project.
- Career orientation work
- Competence coaching in the fields of communication, conflict management and team skills
- Individual guidance through regular progress reviews
The costs do not include:
- Pocket money
- Vaccination costs (may vary depending on the individual’s vaccination status. We will provide a vaccination recommendation)
- International health insurance
- Orientation weekend, taking place during the summer of 2018(approx. 200, – per participant)
- Arrival to, and departure from the ship