In order to allow as many students as possible to participate in OceanCollege, we partner with sponsors and foundations who help support our project. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about financial aid, or becoming a sponsor.
For accepted applicants (a maximum of 10 participants) who have completed their registration by 30.11.2016, we provide a discount of 1.000, – EUR on the last monthly payment.
For accepted applicants (a maximum of 15 participants) who have completed their registration by 30.01.2017, we provide a discount of 500, – EUR on the last monthly payment.
The total tuition fee for the 6-month journey, from October 2017 to April 2018 is 21.999, – Euro.
20% down payment (4.399, – EUR) at the time of contract signature.
The remaining 80% is to be paid in six equal monthly installments of 2.933,33, – EUR, starting from 01.10.2017
The costs include:
- Stay on the sailboat
- Room and board throughout the entire trip
- Core curriculum lessons, taught by certified teachers
- Nautical training under the guidance of the qualified ships crew
- Travel expenses, accommodation, entrance fees, etc. during port stays
- Intensive Spanish course in Costa Rica, offered by Academia Tica
- All expeditions, admissions, and travel expenses on land
- Projects performed under the guidance of cooperative specialists, e.g. our trade project.
- Career orientation work
- Competence coaching in the fields of communication, conflict management and team skills
- Individual guidance through regular progress reviews
The costs do not include:
- Pocket money
- Vaccination costs (may vary depending on the individual’s vaccination status. We will provide a vaccination recommendation)
- International health insurance
- Orientation weekend, taking place during the summer of 2017 (approx. 200, – per participant)
- School materials (240, – per student for all necessary supplies)
- Arrival to, and departure from the ship