In order to allow as many students as possible to participate in Ocean College, we partner with sponsors and foundations who help support our project. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about financial aid, or becoming a sponsor.
The total tuition fee for the 6-month journey, from October 2019 to April 2020 is 25.000, – Euro.
- 10% (2.500€) down payment at the time of registration for our preparation weekend
- 25% (6.500€) down payment at the time of contract signature and
- The remaining 65% (16.250) is to be paid until 15.09.2019 before starting the journey
*In exchange for an extra charge of 500€ there is the option given to pay the remaining 65% (16.250€) in six monthly installments, starting with the begin of the journey.
The costs include:
- Participation at our preparation weekend (May/ June 2019)
- sailing gear (jacket & trousers)
- set of teamwear (shirt, hoodie, jacket, gym bag)
- Stay on the sailboat
- Room and board throughout the entire trip
- Core curriculum lessons, taught by certified teachers
- Nautical training under the guidance of the qualified ships crew
- Travel expenses, accommodation, entrance fees, etc. during port stays
- Intensive Spanish course in Costa Rica, offered by Academia Tica
- All expeditions, admissions, and travel expenses on land
- Projects performed under the guidance of cooperative specialists, e.g. our trade project.
- Career orientation work
- Competence coaching in the fields of communication, conflict management and team skills
- Individual guidance through regular progress reviews
The costs do not include:
- Pocket money
- Vaccination costs (may vary depending on the individual’s vaccination status. We will provide a vaccination recommendation)
- International health insurance
- Arrival to, and departure from the ship